blah blah blog

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Library 2.0 - FUN not FUD

I took a look at "Technorati" and searched for library related blogs. I found several interesting ones, The Shifted Librarian, Librarians' Internet Index, and LIS News among them, but mostly I discovered that it would be hard to find even one where the subject of L2, 2.0 or RSS is not mentioned. One post of particular interest "Neither far out nor in deep" by John Blyberg (Ann Arbor District Library) discusses some of the insecurities of libraries today regarding technology and why some consider L2 to be "scary". Until now my concern has been whether I can keep up with all the changes in information technology. Now I wonder if the ones who are the most frightened are our patrons. Through their Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt (FUD) we may become inhibited and afraid of experimentation and innovation.

The past two weeks at work I have witnessed our staff coming together for a common goal, teaching each other and learning more than most of us expected through that process. Yes, we are definitely having fun and I think we have reached a point where we can finally say, "There's no more FUD at MPK!"

1 Comments:

At 7:17 PM, Blogger HeleneB said...

:) !!!!!!!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home